VALJET SPEEDWOOD • DIGITAL DECORATION ON WOOD
Based on the experience gained in the Glass sector with the Valjet 1600 system, Speed Wood was created, the new technology intended for the wood sector.
Capable of producing more than 100m2/hour, to carry out: mono and polychromatic decorations, complex painting operations, flat or shaded multi-coloured printing, reproductions of wood types and briar-root, multi-coloured textures and patterns…and much more, made a system capable of meeting the industrial needs of the sector, making Speed Wood the ideal solution to blend design with material. Upon request, the system can be integrated into a production line cycle.
FLEXIBILITY, QUALITY AND INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTION
- Water-based paints with a special formula to be applied on wood
- Extremely fine fragmented particles are ground to obtain solid pigments
- Formula capable of immediately reaching the “dry dust-free” state
- High penetration capacity into wood and all its substitutes to achieve high durability over time
- Absence of colour materiality and thickness while fully respecting the aesthetic conditions of the product
- Total aptitude to solid or modulated, transparent or opaque monochromes as well as chromatic textures
- High UV resistance thanks to the utmost quality of the colour formula
- Simplification of the technical colour replication procedure by Pantone, RAL and Scanning
- 1 workstation dedicated to 4C printing processes for the creation of colours
- 1 workstation dedicated to White ink printing
- Possibility to use only one CMYK station or 2 CMYK + White stations in sequence
- Aptitude to stand-alone processing and as part of an island system production line
- Customisation of peripheral devices and accessories for the management of material loading and unloading
- Atoxic and eco-compatible colours
- Very substantial reduction of disposal activities as well as the cancellation of environmental clean-up costs
- Absence of fumes and volatile components that are either toxic or harmful to human health
Our range of painting and digital decoration technologies are used to decorate items made of: glass, wood, parquet, ceramics, leather, eco-leather, precious metals, ABS, polycarbonate, Forex, Plexiglass, steel, aluminium, ferrous materials, natural stone, cardboard, wire mesh etc.
With its chromatic strength capable of allowing the human eye to perceive unprecedented quality, each creation produced with Valjet Speedwood becomes a small masterpiece. The pigments do not need any pre-treatment or post-decoration fixative and the chromatic DNA maintains its authenticity over time.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS VALJET SPEEDWOOD 1600 H20 DIGITAL DECORATION AND PAINTING
System dimensions: 2400×2940 mm (with rollers that are 1500 mm longer at both ends)
Print size: width: 1600 mm – length up to 100 linear meters in loop
Panel size: 1600 x 6000 mm
Water-based pigments with a low environmental impact.
Dedicated formula for applications on wood with a high penetrating power into fibre, paper, cardboard and/or in any case absorbent substrates.
High transparency pigment that enhances the aesthetic characteristics of wood (it does not hide the wood grain).
Exceptional lightfastness (UV rays), verified by means of artificial exposure to UV lamps for approx. 4000 hours
Excellent penetration capacity into wood
Available colours: cyan, magenta, yellow and black; white only on the dedicated workstation
- Manual or automatic pressure rollers for levelling the material to avoid collision with the printhead supports.
- Pressure blade near to the printhead to avoid collision with the printhead supports.
- Synchronized motorised load rollers with material conveyor belt movement when printing.
- Register pin bar and home positioning with automated material alignment.
- Brushing system to clean and remove residues of wood dust together with the suction unit, avoiding environmental dispersion.
The absolute control of the quantity of paint dispensed as well as the physical-chemical colour characteristics guarantee a perfect relationship and integration between the material and paint by enhancing the aesthetic properties of the material.
Stations with a material infeed conveyor belt suitable to manage “island system” or automated production lines.
Line production with the following options:
- 4C/process station for colour production
- Dedicated white ink station in direct sequence with the 4/C printing process (drying time is not required between one station and another)
Compatibility with any transparent finishing or pre-painting brushing station either as part of the line itself or during a second process stage.
DIGITAL DECORATIONS AND PAINTING USES/APPLICATION
4/C PRINTING PROCESS STATION
16,800,000 colour tones
Transparent solid monochrome printing
Semi-transparent monochrome printing
Blurred monochrome printing with exact density, length and orientation gradient control replicability
Flat or blurred multi-coloured printing:
- Wood type and briar-root reproductions
- Multi-coloured textures and patterns
- Vintage effects
- Complex painting operations
- Graphic monochrome and multi-coloured decorations
DEDICATED WHITE INK STATION
Constant background colour with 1-100% density control
Background colour modulation with shading, chiaroscuro effects (pickle-stained, vintage effects, etc.)
Colour modulations for graphic textures or patterns
Base to create pastel colours
|Print resolution||From 360×360 DPI to 1440×1440 DPI|
|Productivity||Over 100 m2/hour;|
|System dimensions||2400×2940 mm (with roller conveyor and surface with pivoting spheres 5400×2940 mm)|
|Material thickness||From 0 – 100 mm (z axis)|
|Weight of material to be printed (loadable)||Max 200 kg|
|Thickness adjustment||Automated (Valjet Control Panel)|
|Printing area lighting||Led|
|Fan lines with heating elements||Front supports for heatingRear supports for ink drying|
|Power consumption||7.5 kW|
|Noise impact||62 dbA|
|Inks||Ghelco technology Water-based pigments|
|Interface||Ethernet tcp/ip and USB|
|Colour drying system||By a double IR lamp|
|Environmental conditions required||Temperature 18-30°c Humidity 40/80%|
|Software||DEDICATED RIP SOFTWARE: with linearisation and profiles. Incorporated ICC profile to print on wood|
|PC with 19″ monitor||With pre-installation software|